Important Information for Customers with Pre-Existing Medical Conditions
We are obliged to inform you of how to improve your access to travel insurance policies that include cover for more serious medical conditions.
The following factors would determine when this information is relevant to you:
- You have not been offered, or the insurer has declined, a quotation wholly or partly due to a medical condition
- Your policy has been cancelled, wholly or partly, due to a medical condition
- You have been offered a policy with a medical condition exclusion, which cannot be removed from the policy
- You have been offered a policy with a medical condition premium of £100 or more
- You have been offered a policy in respect of which the medical condition premium is not known.
We would like to provide you with details of a ‘Medical Cover Firm Directory’, which is a publicly available directory that only lists firms that provide, or arrange, travel insurance policies that travel more serious conditions. The directory will also show you enough information about each firm listed so you can make an informed initial choice about which provider might meet your needs.
Using the directory makes it easier for you to navigate the available market and make you more likely to find a firm which:
- Is willing to offer cover for your condition
- Is willing to offer your condition without specific exclusions
- Is willing to offer cover for your condition at a more affordable price
The Money and Pensions Service (MaPS) has launched a travel insurance directory on its Money Advice Service website which can be accessed here: https://traveldirectory.moneyadviceservice.org.uk/en
Consumer enquiries about the directory can be made to the Money Advice Service’s Customer Contact Centre, which is available Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm, using the details below:
- Telephone: 0800 138 7777
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: The Money Advice Service, Holborn Centre, 120 Holborn, London EC1N 2TD